A dirty carpet can bring a bad smell in your living room. Carpets need attention and care from time to time. Follow the following tips if you ever wondered how to keep your carpet clean.
Carpet cleaning tips
Using powder as a carpet cleaner
- Using powder to clean your carpet brings out the best results and it takes less time to dry.
- Sprinkle the powder all over the carpet.
- Leave the powder for at least thirty minutes and if possible for a whole night. This gives the powder time to soften the stain and take away the bad smells.
- Vacuum up the powder when you finish cleaning.
Using carpet shampoo
- Carpet shampoo is also popularly used to clean carpets. They come in many brands so ensure that you follow the instructions on each brand.
- Make a solution as directed on the package, mostly they need to be diluted with water.
- Use enough shampoo to cover the carpet area.
- Do not make the carpet very wet; it increases drying time, and it is also a waste of the shampoo.
- Using a hard brush scrap the carpet and mostly the stubborn stained areas.
- Leave the carpet to dry.
- Vacuum the shampoo after it has dried up.
Natural carpet cleaning products
- If you prefer natural products to clean up your carpet, then some daily used kitchen products make a perfect job.
- Soda water and tonic water completely removes coffee stains from the carpet.
- Salt, helps remove stains and also soaks up fresh stains on your carpet.
- Baking soda, absorbs the bad smells hiding in the carpets fiber. This gives the carpet a very fresh smell and so the house.
- It is important to test a new cleaning product on a small area of the carpet. Ensure that it performs the cleaning purpose perfectly to ensure that it does not waste your carpet and time too.
Handy stain remover tricks
It is always advisable to pick up stains as soon as they drop on the carpet, do not wait until they soak and dry. You can use a detergent to remove these stains depending on the stains source quickly.
The following tricks can be used too:
- Harden sticky stains for example from chewing gum using ice cubes before prying it up.
- For smelly stains, mix vinegar with warm water and apply on the stained area using a piece of cloth.