August 18, 1995
Taped on August 17, 1995
Center Stage Theater
- TONY SCHIAVONE
and TERRY TAYLOR
open the show at ringside and welcome the fans to another edition of WCW Saturday Night, from the Center Stage Theater in Atlanta, GA.
TONY talks about THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH that took place this past Wednesday, right here on TBS.
- Still photos are shown of the matches that took place at the Great American Bash, including pics of the Super Models celebrating with the World Tag Team Titles, and Lex Luger leaving the Cage with the US title belt.
- TONY talks about a newcomer to WCW, a former amateur standout and a US Marine, SGT. CRAIG PITTMAN.
- We see footage of Craig Pittman as an amateur wrestler, as well as leading Marine training exercises at Parris Island, and then wrestling against Mike Awesome at the Bash. The video ends with Pittman noticing a man at the Bash wearing cammo fatigues and a black mask
- SGT. CRAIG PITTMAN beats STEVE BRADLEY via submission with the Code Red.
As Pittman leaves ringside and heads to the back, the man in the cammo and black mask shows up and confronts Pittman. The two have a brief staredown, with Pittman demanding to know who he is. Suddenly, the masked man throws a FIREBALL in Pittman’s face! Pittman hits the floor, holding his face, and the masked man disappears out of sight.
- Back from the commercial break, SCHIAVONE and TAYLOR talk about what we saw before the break, with the masked man throwing a fireball in Pittman’s face. Tony says that he received word during the break that the burns to Pittman’s face were not serious, and he’s going to be fine, but he was told that Pittman stormed off to find the masked man, saying he wouldn’t leave the Center Stage Theater until he’d found the masked man.
- TONY then talks about the World Tag Team Title match that took place on Wednesday night, where the Super Models targetted the ribs of Scott Steiner, which they injured earlier when they attacked him at the gym.
- Rick & Scott Steiner vs. the Super Models, JIP . . .
From there, Scott hooks Martel, and sets him up to suplex him from the apron back into the ring.
As Scott gets Martel up, Col. Parker hands a chair to Bobby Eaton, who comes over and drives the edge of the chair right into Scott’s injured ribs.
Scott falls to the mat, with Martel landing on top of him. Rick goes after Eaton and Parker on the floor, and doesn’t notice that Martel has Scott in a pinning predicament.
Referee Nick Patrick gets into position, and starts the count. Scott can’t kick out, and Martel gets the pinfall!
- RICK STEINER (w/ Scott Steiner) pins SKULLCRUSHER BROWN after a Belly to Belly Superplex.
- TONY and TERRY interview THE STEINER BROTHERS
at ringside. RICK talks about the loss at the Bash, and says that they’ll have the belts back soon. SCOTT talks about his ribs, and says that he’ll be back to 100% soon, and when he is, the Super Models had better watch out, because he’s coming after them, and he and Rick are going to take their belts back.
- KEVIN KELLY interviews AL SNOW
backstage. Kevin notes that Al has had a lot of success in various promotions all over the World, particularly in Mexico and Japan. SNOW says that he’s come to WCW because it’s where the big boys are, he wants to be a part of the #1 promotion in the World. AL then talks about some of the top names and says that he’s going to beat them all.
- TONY and TERRY talk about the great tag teams that are in WCW right now . . . Demolition, the Steiners, the Super Models, the Orient Express, and then Tony says that a new team is on their way to WCW.
- We see a promo from SHERRI MARTEL and HARLEM HEAT. They refer to Sherri as Sister Sherri during the promo. Sherri says that Booker T and Stevie Ray have held the Tag Team Titles in every promotion they’ve been in, and now they’re coming to WCW to take the World Tag titles. They don’t care whether it’s the Super Models holding the belts, or the Steiners or any other team in WCW, it makes no difference to them. STEVIE RAY says he hopes the Super Models hold on to the belts, he’d love to beat up on those two pretty boy honkies. Sherri says that whoever holds the belts, Harlem Heat are coming after them!
- TONY talks about Harlem Heat coming to WCW, and says that he thinks they’ll have some great matches with the other teams here.
TONY and TERRY then talk about another new face that has arrived in WCW, who we’ll be seeing in action next, going by the name of Curry Man. Tony says that there are going to be quite a few new faces showing up in the coming weeks and months.
- CURRY MAN pins TIMOTHY WELL after a Moonsault.
Prior to the match, DISCO INFERNO and ALEX WRIGHT, the Boogie Knights, join Curry Man on the ramp and all three dance to Curry Man’s theme music.
It’s time for the first FALL BRAWL REPORT.
- KEVIN KELLY
hosts the FALL BRAWL REPORT segment. Kevin talks about the show, which will air live on TBS on Sunday, September 16 from the UNI Dome in Cedar Falls, IA. Matches scheduled so far include . . .
* Johnny B. Badd will take on Al Snow!
* Rick & Scott Steiner get a rematch with the Super Models for the World Tag Team Titles!
* The return of War Games: the Match Beyond, featuring 8 of the top wrestlers in WCW in all-out WAR!
And much, much more!
- TONY and TERRY talk about the WCW International Tag Team Title match that took place at the Great American Bash, where Demolition put the belts on the line against newcomers the Orient Express, Satoshi Kojima and Yuji Nagata.We see footage of Demolition and the Orient Express wrestling to a time limit draw at the Great American Bash.
TONY says that the two teams will meet again when WCW NITRO returns on Monday night, September 3. But up next, Kojima and Demolition Smash go one on one.
- SATOSHI KOJIMA (w/ Yuji Nagata) pins WCW International Tag Team Champion SMASH after Nagata climbed up on the ring apron, and kicked Smash in the back of the head as he ran the ropes. Smash, dazed, turned his attention to Nagata, allowing Kojima to roll him up for the pinfall.
- JOHNNY B. BADD pins “HOLLYWOOD” JOHN TATUM after connecting with the Kiss That Don’t Miss left hook.
After the match, Badd put the lips sticker on Tatum’s cheek
- TONY and TERRY send us to this week’s edition of PIPER’S PIT.
- ROWDY RODDY PIPER welcomes us to Piper’s Pit!
HOT ROD introduces his guest this week, the brand new WCW United States Champion, the man they call the Total Package, LEX LUGER!
LUGER talks about winning the US title, and puts over Scott Norton as one of the toughest men he’s ever been in the ring with.
SCOTT NORTON makes his way out to the set, with Piper getting in between him and Luger, saying he doesn’t want any trouble out of either of them.
NORTON tells Luger that he got lucky in the Cage match, but his luck is going to run out! He asks Luger if Lex remembers what Norton did to the Giant, how he ended the career of the man that was supposed to be the “next big thing” in pro wrestling? Norton says that what he did to the Giant will pale in comparison to what he’s going to do to Luger!
The two have a staredown as Piper tries to calm both of them down as we head to a commercial break.
- WCW Tag Team Champions THE SUPER MODELS (w/ Col. Rob Parker) defeat JOEY MAGGS & LENNY LANE when Martel pins Maggs after locking him the Boston Crab, and Eaton jumped off the top with the Alabama Jam to the back of Maggs’ head.
- TONY and TERRY hype tonight’s main event, as Ric Flair squares off with Diamond Dallas Page.
- We see a promo from “NATURE BOY” RIC FLAIR regarding tonight’s main event against DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE. Flair says that Page isn’t in his league, and he’ll prove it tonight.
- We then cut to a promo from DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE, along with the Diamond Doll. Page says Flair may be a legend, but that isn’t going to stop him from hitting Flair with the Diamond Cutter and pinning his shoulders to the mat for the 1, 2, 3!
- BRUTUS BEEFCAKE pins SOULMAN ALEX G after hitting a running kneelift, then hitting the Soul Man with a flying knee to the face.
- KEVIN KELLY interviews WCW World Champion CURT HENNIG
backstage. Sting’s head is bandaged. Sting talks about the Falls Count Anywhere match with Hugh Morrus at the Great American Bash, and says that Morrus got the better of him, but it took interference from that snake in the grass, Kevin Sullivan. He says that Morrus didn’t prove anything to him or anybody else at the Bash, and he says that the next time they meet in the ring, things are going to go a little differently.
HENNIG then talks about Roddy Piper, and the comments he made on Piper’s Pit last week, where Ric Flair was his guest. He says that he shut Flair up on Wednesday at the Bash, and now he’s going to shut Piper up.
STING steps in, saying that he doesn’t like to see this tension between Hennig and Piper. He tells Curt that, while Piper did make his intentions to win the World Title clear, he’s on their side, he’s got a long history with Ric Flair, just like he and Hennig do, and he hates the Nature Boy just as much as they do. He says that they need to work together to rid WCW of the likes of Ric Flair and Hugh Morrus.
HENNIG says that what Sting says makes sense, but he still doesn’t trust Piper, and he doesn’t think Sting should either.
- DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE (w/ the Diamond Doll) defeats “NATURE BOY” RIC FLAIR (w/ Chris Benoit) by Disqualification. Late in the contest, Page has the match well in hand, and connects with the Diamond Cutter. Before Page can cover the Nature Boy, Chris Benoit jumps into the ring and jumps Page from behind. Referee Nick Patrick calls for the bell, and disqualifies the Nature Boy.
Flair’s still down, but Benoit pummels Page with some heavy forearms. When Benoit goes for the Dragon Suplex, Page swings his leg back, catching Benoit with a low blow, and then he drops Benoit with the Diamond Cutter!
Page and the Diamond Doll celebrate in the ring.
- TONY and TERRY wrap up the show by talking with Diamond Dallas Page, who says that he doesn’t take kindly to Benoit sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong, and he challenges Benoit to face him in the ring and put that belt of his on the line.
TONY and TERRY thank the fans for tuning in as the credits start to roll.CLOSING CREDITS